Focusing on educational issues for Hispanics throughout Texas
Hispanic Policy Network
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
HPN is a staff and faculty organization committed to the improvement of higher education opportunities for Hispanics.
Our goals will include:
- Educational Advocacy: to articulate educational concerns, needs and issues whereby the University as a whole becomes more fully aware of the presence and contributions of Hispanics.
- Networking: to engage actively in network-building with staff, faculty, and students for the purpose of securing changes in policies and procedures HPN deems important to its constituents.. HPN is also actively engaged in community affairs.
- Recruitment/Retention: to assist in maintaining effective institutional programs to recruit and retain a diverse staff, faculty, and student population. HPN also serves as a resource on information regarding Hispanics.
- Scholarship Assistance: provide financial assistance to incoming and existing Hispanic students in order for them to complete their educational journey at Texas State.
- Culture Promotion: to assist in the promotion of Hispanic history and culture for educational and public information purposes.
Working Atmosphere: to advocate a safe and beneficial working environment for all Hispanic staff, faculty and students.
About the Hispanic Policy Network
Welcome to the Hispanic Policy Network website - Texas State University.
The purpose of HPN is to provide a forum for the discussion of issues and concerns related to the Texas State Hispanic community (staff, faculty and students) and to assist in providing effective solutions for those issues.